Ever wondered why the French Women look so good?
Parisian style radiates an air of elusiveness and appears simple and un-contrived. The women have self-assuredness, and put fantastic outfits together easily and effortlessly. They look bold, comfortable and put-together and with the tips below, you can achieve the chic look too. I’ve also included a couple of good books on this style.
“You don’t need to be born in Paris to have Parisian style” (Inés de la Fressange)
Easy steps to achieve Parisian chic:
- Wear chunky sunglasses such as Dior or Gucci to protect from the glare of the sun.
- French women love classic bags- think a hand held Chanel!
- Coordinate your outfits days in advance….organization is the key to success.
- Keep makeup natural with a touch of gloss.
- Stick with a solid classic bold color for your hair and carry a scarf for your hair on those windy days.
- Add a gorgeous rope of pearls, some fine gold jewelry….. or wear a bold cuff to balance out a basic outfit.
- Striped shirts are classic French looks that never go out of style…pair it with jeans and red flats and you have instant Parisian chic.
Parisian style: A style guide book
10 ways to dress like a Parisian
Lessons From Madame Chic: The Top 20 Things I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L. Scott
*PLEASE NOTE: Lessons from Madame Chic is being re-released on November 6, 2012 by Simon & Schuster. Visit jenniferlscott.com and dailyconnoisseur.com for more details.